Prostitute Dies After Consuming Local Gin

858

Tragedy occurred at Obalende road, Ikoyi, Lagos, western Nigeria, on Thursday evening when a suspected prostitute simply identified as Favour slumped and died after allegedly consuming two bottles of local gin popularly called Ogogoro.

She was said to have drank the illicit liquor without eating any food.

Some of her colleagues who spoke with newsmen at the scene of the incident said that the deceased hailed from Imo State, southeast Nigeria, and she plied her trade with them at the Idoma Spot on Obalende Road, Ikoyi, Lagos.

prostitutesThey said they have been warning the deceased to reduce her intake of the local gin and smoking of cigarette and Indian hemp without eating food, but she would not listen to anybody.

They stated that on Thursday morning , she drank one bottle of ogogoro and that after she drank another bottle of the gin in the evening at about 6.30 pm without eating food, she suddenly screamed “my stomach, help me” and slumped and before they could take her to the nearest hospital for treatment, she died on the spot.

A visited to the scene of the incident at about 7:30pm met the corpse of the deceased covered with cloth on the ground beside the Idoma Spot and a huge crowd had gathered discussing the incident.

When contacted, the chairman of Obalende Vigilante Association, Mr Aliu Kuku confirmed the incident.

“At about 7:00pm some prostitutes operating at Idoma Spot, Obalende Road, called and informed that one of their colleagues had collapsed and died. And when l got there I asked them what happened to her they said the deceased suddenly shouted for help after consuming two bottles of Ogogoro without eating food and slumped.

“I quickly contacted the police and they came to the scene to see the corpse. I am now appealing to the people consuming Ogogoro on Obalende road to desist from it because it is very dangerous to the body’s system.”

SHARE

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here